Singaporean director Anthony Chen described as “surreal” the 15-minute standing ovation that followed the world premiere of his debut feature film "Ilo Ilo" at the Cannes Film Festival on Sunday. Though the ending of the premiere couldn’t have been more perfect, the 29-year-old Chen said the beginning was quite “nerve-wrecking” as it was marred by technical glitches.
1 - 8 of 20
Today on Yahoo!
1 - 8 of 48
Featured Blog Posts
- Water Wally and Singapore’s campaign obsession - SingaporeScene
- Gran Turismo creator Yamauchi never expected it to be ‘this big’ - Fit to Post Autos
- How to build a more gracious (and happier) Singapore - SingaporeScene
1 - 6 of 6
Latest Sports Blog Posts
- Wolfsburg win Women’s Champions League, end Lyon’s 120-match unbeaten streak
- The DT 2013 Champions League final viewing companion
- Phil Jackson says he’d take Bill Russell over Michael Jordan to start his team (Video)
- Marvel at the LeBron James game-winner on the Phantom Cam (Video)
- The 10-man rotation, starring dissections and defenses of Frank Vogel’s decision