Bargains large and small see recent favorites and older gems mingle in the charts on Monday, July 16, including Max Payne 3, Skyrim, Darksiders and The Chronicles of Riddick.
Recent releases Max Payne 3 and Skyrim experience a surge on the Steam chart, but Arma II trumps them both with a relatively small 20 percent discount.
Buyers need it in order to play the free, officially supported zombie survival modification Day Z.
Further down the chart, Portal 2 slots in at fourth, and just outside the top five lies The Bethesda Softworks Collection -- Skyrim, Brink, Hunted, Fallout New Vegas and its expansions for $49 (€49, £39).
Sword of the Stars II re-enters the GamersGate top five courtesy of a weekend series sale; Darksiders and Company of Heroes are highest in a top five monopolized by discount games; GOG's Chronicles of Riddick, Fahrenheit and Legend of Grimrock all took part in the site's promotional Battle of the Games.
1) Arma II: Combined Operations
2) Max Payne 3
3) The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
4) Portal 2
5) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
*Steam chart based on revenue, not units.
GameStop Impulse (impulsedriven.com)
1) The Sims 3
2) Age of Empires III: Complete Collection
3) Sins of a Solar Empire - Rebellion
4) Endless Space - Emperor Special Edition
5) The Secret World
1) Endless Space: Admiral Edition
2) Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
3) Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter
4) Endless Space: Emperor Edition
5) The Race for the White House
Green Man Gaming (greenmangaming.com)
1) Company of Heroes
3) Lord of the Rings: War in the North
4) F.E.A.R. 3
5) Duke Nukem Forever
1) The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
2) Fahrenheit (aka Indigo Prophecy)
3) Legend of Grimrock
4) Divine Divinity
5) The Last Express