Singaporean director Anthony Chen described as “surreal” the 15-minute standing ovation that followed the world premiere of his debut feature film "Ilo Ilo" at the Cannes Film Festival on Sunday. Though the ending of the premiere couldn’t have been more perfect, the 29-year-old Chen said the beginning was quite “nerve-wrecking” as it was marred by technical glitches.
- How to build a more gracious (and happier) Singapore
- Woman confronted London attackers to deflect danger
- Indonesians are among top buyers of S'pore property
Indonesians were the third largest group of overseas property buyers in Singapore during the first quarter of 2013, accounting for 24 percent of all foreign deals.
- Shane Todd's family abandoning coroner's inquiry
- Can you guess the most popular destination for 2013?
- Best Skills Courses for Students in Singapore (2013)