Beleaguered Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra dissolved parliament on Monday, 9 December, calling a snap election, but anti-government protest leaders pressed ahead with mass demonstrations seeking to install an unelected body to run Thailand. Check out pictures from their protests today, where some 100,000 were involved. …
News around the world
- storyArgentina marks three decades of democracy
- storyEXCLUSIVE - Despite warnings, Pentagon kept ties to controversial helicopter firms
- storyObama-Castro handshake - a sign of Mandela-like reconciliation?
- storyNicaragua Congress votes to scrap term limits
- storySnow blankets U.S. East; Washington offices, many schools closed
- storyIran sees progress in talks with powers on nuclear deal implementation