Singaporean director Anthony Chen described as “surreal” the 15-minute standing ovation that followed the world premiere of his debut feature film "Ilo Ilo" at the Cannes Film Festival on Sunday. Though the ending of the premiere couldn’t have been more perfect, the 29-year-old Chen said the beginning was quite “nerve-wrecking” as it was marred by technical glitches.
- Germany 'most popular country' in the world: poll
- Water Wally and Singapore’s campaign obsession
The schoolboy, the hawker auntie, the young lady and the taxi uncle – the spasms began as soon as Water Wally popped up in the background, lurking in the corner of every frame. First shocked, then jubilant, they found their … Continue reading →
- Woman confronted London attackers to deflect danger
- How to build a more gracious (and happier) Singapore
- Malaysia activist charged with sedition, 3 others held
- Dubai hotel hands out gold-plated iPads to guests