The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) has allowed work on more activities on the site of a fatal accident at the Downtown Line to proceed, according to the contractor.
The ministry lifted a stop work order on Tuesday for two activities, namely formwork and concreting, at the new Downtown Line 1 Bugis Station, said Koh Bros in a statement.
Other activities, such as architectural and M & E works, for the other unaffected areas at DTL1 Bugis Station had earlier proceeded within two days of the collapse of an underground scaffolding collapsed at the construction site for the Downtown Line at the junction of Victoria Street and Rochor Road.
Two workers lost their lives while eight were injured as a result of the incident.
A day after the accident, the firm said construction work at the site in Bugis would only resume after a professional engineer had endorsed a recovery plan for the safe removal of the collapsed structure and materials.
A revised Risk Assessments and Safe Work Procedures must also be submitted, the company had said at that time.
Echoing Minister of State for Manpower and National Development Tan Chuan-Jin, Koh Brothers added that the affected area was localised and assured that the DTL Bugis station was substantially completed and structurally sound.
The project is a joint venture between Soletanche-Bachy and Koh Brothers.