Gonzalez, Nef, Ojala, Spycher
Farnerud, Costanzo, Schneuwly, Nuzzolo, Frey
Kelly, Carragher, Agger, Robinson
Henderson, Shelvey, Allen
Sterling, Yesil, Morgan
Young Boys are likely to play a full-strength side as they take on the side from the Premier League.
Raul Bobadilla has been in good form so far this season in attack, and will be hopeful of having an impact in the lone striker role.
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is likely have one eye on the club’s next Premier League clash against Manchester United.
The Reds may look to give some of their younger players some time on the pitch, particularly Raheem Sterling and Adam Morgan, who have impressed in Europe already this season.
Youngster Samid Yesil could also be in line for a first-team debut, having been fast-tracked by Rodgers into his squad for this game.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Young Boys faced Premier League opposition last in the 2010-11 season’s Champions League, when they lost 6-3 on aggregate to Tottenham in the play-off round.
- The Swiss side had been on a 10-game unbeaten run in Europe on their home ground until their 2-0 defeat to FC Midtjylland in the second leg of the play-off round in August.
- Two Young Boys players: Josh Simpson and Scott Sutter (pictured right), have experience of playing in English football, and both spent time playing for Millwall, with Simpson playing for the club’s first team from 2004 until 2006.
- This is the first time these two sides have met in Europe.
- Liverpool have not lost to a Swiss side since 1971, with that defeat coming against FC Servette in 1971 in the Cup Winners’ Cup.
- The Reds are unbeaten in five European games, including all four they have played under manager Brendan Rodgers since he took charge during the summer.
- This game will be Liverpool’s 100th appearance in the Uefa Cup or Europa League, dating back to the 1972-73 season when they won the competition under manager Bill Shankly.
- In the aftermath of the release of the release of the official documents associated with the Hillsborough disaster, the Liverpool anthem "You’ll Never Walk Alone" by Gerry and the Pacemakers reached number 12 in the UK singles chart.