When you think of a Victoria’s Secret Angel, you probably imagine a lithe model sporting big hair. While this standard of beauty is slowly changing thanks in part to natural-haired stunners Jourdana Phillips, Maria Borges, and Herieth Paul, bombshell waves are still a part of a VS Angel’s DNA.
What’s the trick to getting their lustworthy waves? Watch the video above to see how New York City-based hairstylist Gabrielle Corney gave Yahoo Finance senior writer and on-air reporter Melody Hahm the VS Angel treatment. You’ll be amazed at what you can accomplish with a curling iron, some hairspray, and your two hands!
1. Spritz hair with Paul Mitchell Spray Wax to give locks hold.
2. Use a rat-tail comb to separate hair into small sections.
3. Create loose curls with a 1 ¼-inch curling iron. Repeat around entire head. Pro tip: Curl each section in opposite directions for a more natural look.
4. Lock in curls with an extra-strong-hold hairspray such as L’Oréal Elnett Satin.
5. Rake fingers through curls. Pro tip: This hair hack is the key to achieving a beachy, tousled finish and it really does take just a minute!
6. Smooth flyaways and add subtle gloss with Tancho Stick Hair Styling Balm.
Makeup details: Makeup artist Tedrick LaMar kept the skin soft and fresh, mattifying shine along the T-zone. Brows were brushed up, and rosy blush added subtle warmth to cheeks. To finish, LaMar swiped Marc Jacobs Enamored Hi-Shine Gloss in French Tickler onto lips for a pillow-soft pout.
Watch more #CopyThat tutorials from Yahoo Lifestyle:
- How to get Wonder Woman’s fierce figure-8 braid — no Magic Lasso required
- Rihanna skipped the American Music Awards, but showed up on Instagram rocking ‘Stunna’ red lips
- No magic tricks here: How to copy Sister Sarah’s spellbinding smoky eye