Jobs portal Monster just released its latest list of the jobs that are most in-demand, and health care and technology jobs top the list.
According to Monster’s website, 7,900 jobs are searched on its worldwide network every minute and about 2,800 jobs are viewed. Of all the listings on the Monster website, the jobs listed below were the ones posted most frequently and constituted 20% of all new jobs posted on the portal.
“The jobs that are listed in the top 10 show the demand,” explained Monster Career Expert Vicki Salemi. “When we look at registered nurses, the Bureau of Labor Statistics expects there to be an increase of 15% in that job through 2026. If you’re looking for a job, and want job security, health care, technology, consumer support, retail — these are the jobs that have the most job openings.”
Here’s the top 10:
- Registered nurses
- Software developers
- Supervisors of retail sales workers
- Customer service representatives
- Heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers
- Computer user support specialists
- Sales representatives
- Maintenance and repair workers
- Retail salespersons
- Network and computer systems administrators
“Overall, health care and technology are in very high demand, and that’s not going to subside anytime soon,” Salemi said.
Salemi also added that regardless of the state of the labor market, job seekers should always be looking for opportunities. “I think in general, people should always be looking for a job. You never know when that awesome boss that you have is going to leave, or if your department is downsized.”
- Why male Uber drivers make more, according to researchers
- The top 10 CEOs to work for, according to employees
- 2 big-time CEOs fell surprisingly far in new employee rankings
- The 10 most ‘family friendly’ jobs in the US with salaries over $75,000