Why orgasms help with stage fright, how many people admit to masturbating, and which animals have oral sex - we've covered it all in this utterly pointless (but totally awesome) list of 34 sex facts. Enjoy...
1. The average penis is between 5 - 5.7 inches when erect.
2. You burn 200 calories in 30 minutes of active sex.
3. People who have sex three times a week are perceived to look four to seven years younger.
4. Ancient Egyptians used dried crocodile dung as a contraceptive as it has spermicidal properties.
5. 80% of men in America have been circumcised compared to 20% of men in the UK.
6. It is psychologically harder to lie to someone you fancy.
7. In the UK, the average age of losing your virginity is 16½ .
8. Women are more likely to orgasm just before or while on their periods.
9. Like humans, dolphins and Bonobo chimps also have sex just for fun.
10. Average foreplay time amounts to a rather measly 11 to 13 minutes.
11. The Greeks have more sex than any other nationality.
12. Men that watch porn involving men and women produce more sperm than those who just watch ladies only porn.
13. 56% of men wish their penis was bigger
14. Sex cures headaches. Science has proved it.
15. Fish also have oral sex.
16. 20 minutes of exercise before you have sex will improve your performance.
17. The merkin (public wig) has been around since the 1400s when women shaved off their pubic hair to prevent lice.
18. A woman has twice as many nerve endings in her clitoris as men do in their ENTIRE penis. High five!
19. When a woman orgasms, the area of her brain associated with fear shuts off.
20. Brits have an average of 10 sexual partners in their lifetime. The Chinese have 19, whilst the Vietnamese only have 2½.
21. A Scottish study found that orgasms can help cure stage fright.
22. Oxytocin, a chemical released during sex, helps reduce pain by half – so no worries about that spot of spanking then!
23. Sperm is good for your skin and can reduce wrinkles when left on to dry. Sperm facial anyone?
24. 94% of men and 80% of women admit to masturbating.
25. Condoms were originally made from animal intestines or linen.
26. The average amount of time spent kissing in your lifetime is 20,160 minutes.
27. You burn 26 calories when snogging for a minute.
28. 70% of men orgasm every time with their partner, whilst only 29% of women do.
29. Having sex once a week can boost your immune system by 30%.
30. Two-thirds of students have been in a friends-with-benefits situ.
31. Couples who don't have a TV in their bedroom have 50% more sex.
32. Sex makes women's hair shinier and their skin glow because of all the extra oestrogen it makes them produce.
33. Whales have the biggest penises with the largest recorded one being 8ft long.
34. There are roughly 100 million acts of sexual intercourse very single day.
Go forth, and win pub quizes...
Do you have any other top facts? Leave a comment below to be in with a chance of winning a £100 goodie bag
WATCH! POPPY DELEVINGNE FOR AGENT PROVOCATEUR
DUREX LAUNCH CONDOM DELIVERY APP
HOW SHOES CAN IMPROVE YOUR SEX LIFE