About 65 people were evacuated from an industrial building in Hong Kong on Tuesday when a warehouse burst into flames.
Two women aged 34 and 52 and an 11-year-old boy complained of feeling unwell after inhaling smoke, and they were sent to Tuen Mun Hospital for treatment.
Emergency personnel were called in shortly before 11am when the blaze broke out in the seventh-floor warehouse of Century Industrial Building on Tsing Yeung Circuit in Tuen Mun.
Get the latest insights and analysis from our Global Impact newsletter on the big stories originating in China.
Police said the warehouse was used to store frozen food.
A government spokesman said two workers – a man and a woman – were trapped next door and had to be rescued by firefighters. Police said about 65 people were evacuated from the building.
After battling the blaze with two water jets for about 50 minutes, firefighters doused the flames at 11.47am.
Initial investigation found nothing suspicious, and a short circuit from the refrigerator was believed to be the cause of the fire, according to police.
More from South China Morning Post:
This article About 65 people evacuated from Hong Kong industrial building as warehouse bursts into flames first appeared on South China Morning Post