A true winner is someone who lives life all in and strives to reach their true potential
Way back in the mid 1990s I was asked to run a big city branch of a UK bank along with three smaller branches spread across the city. I was starting out on my leadership journey, and to help me I began to scribble down a few key thoughts. One day I put these thoughts together as a “Winning Checklist”. I pinned it to my desk and looked at it regularly and as a minimum each Friday as I reflected on the week just finishing.
I have been doing masterclasses recently, and I have been sharing the same checklist as a take-away. Amazingly my scribblings from over 20 years ago still hit the mark and make an impact today. I have just added a couple of extra thoughts from my recent learnings (5/4/17).
I am passionate about helping people soar to new heights and achieve their true potential. I trust it helps you as you embark on a new journey, a new challenge or just as an effective aide memoire.
Here it is:
- Am I clear on my purpose?
- Have I got clarity of both goals & objectives? Do they align to my purpose?
- Have I got clarity of my next best actions (to take my towards the achievement of my goals)?
- Have I operated 100 per cent within my circle of influence?
- Have I spent time with those who need me most?
- Have I ensured my (rising) stars feel great?
- Have I maintained a ‘can do’ attitude & a sense of urgency?
- Have I held my nerve (… and done the right things)?
- Have I held my appointment with Mozart? (Time to myself to think!)
- Have I learned something new? (Make self-development a daily event.)
- Have I learned from a champion?
- Have I put enough energy into my business?
- Have I done what matters most?
- On a scale of 1-10, how happy am I? (How could I become a 10?)
- What have I celebrated this week?
- Who have I helped?
- How much better is my business this week than last?
- What is the BEST thing I have done today?
It is something that has always helped me stay on my path … I trust it helps you too. Please add/subtract/change/adapt/share and use in any way you want.
A true winner is someone who lives life #allin and strives to reach their true potential.
As my grandfather always taught me:
Live life with a generous and a sharing heart. Keep winning!
Andy Fell #GiFT631 #Youth4good
Want to be part of the ecosystem?
Register for your Echelon Asia Summit access pass now! Enjoy +10% off Echelon Asia Summit Startup, Investor and Corporate passes just for being our favourite e27 reader.
The views expressed here are of the author’s, and e27 may not necessarily subscribe to them. e27 invites members from Asia’s tech industry and startup community to share their honest opinions and expert knowledge with our readers. If you are interested in sharing your point of view, submit your post here.
Featured Image Copyright: dmbaker / 123RF Stock Photo
The post Advice for all young leaders and entrepreneurs – here is a winners checklist you can live by appeared first on e27.