- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
The veteran broadcaster, 69, took a break from his show earlier this year after he was injured when he was knocked over by a horse.
He is now back and will be presenting his programme this weekend.
Read more: Everything you need to know about GB News
Speaking in a video shared by GB News’ Twitter account and captioned “He’s back!”, Stewart said: “Delighted to be back after six weeks.
“So this horse knocked me over and I broke my hip and went to hospital. It’s been a nightmare and the world has gone bonkers in that time.
“I am delighted to be back here in GB News.”
“I will be with my show on Saturday and on Sunday starting at 12,” he continued in the clip, which showed him back in the newsroom.
“Exciting stories, exciting guests and I hope very much indeed that you can join me.”
Fans said they were thrilled that the presenter was returning.
“Alastair adds prestige to the channel and has been missed,” one person tweeted, while another called him “the legend of the newsroom”.
“Brilliant, will definitely be watching again,” said another. “Welcome back Alistair, hope you are well again.”
Stewart - who left ITV News last year after more than 35 years- shared in July that he was taking some time off after hurting himself.
When a fan asked what had happened, he explained: “I was leading in one of the horses & she bolted, knocking me over - rather forcefully!”
He later added: “A dear friend echoes my own thoughts, perfectly, on the cause of my injury: 'Horses can be devils, if gorgeous to look at'."
Watch: Andrew Neil takes break from GB News after just two weeks