The 19th edition of the prestigious Grand Prix d'Horlogerie de Genève (GPHG), which was held on Thursday, November 7 in the Swiss city, rose to the challenge of ranking the most advanced creations of the horologer's art. Audemars Piguet can take pride in having won the most coveted award, the "Aiguille d'Or" Grand Prix, with its Royal Oak Selfwinding Perpetual Calendar Ultra-Thin watch.
Swiss manufacturer Audemars Piguet also found favor with the jury in other categories: the Men's Complication Watch Prize went to Code 11.59 in the Audemars Piguet Minute Repeater Supersonnerie and the Iconic Watch Prize was won by its Royal Oak "Jumbo" Extra-thin.
The Chanel luxury house was also honored on the occasion of the 19th ceremony with the Ladies' Watch Prize, which was awarded to its much lauded J12 Calibre 12.1. So too was Hermès, which came away with the Calendar and Astronomy Watch Prize for its "Arceau L'heure de la lune" timepiece.
The prize list for the 19th GPHG:
- “Aiguille d'Or” Grand Prix: Audemars Piguet, Royal Oak Selfwinding Perpetual Calendar Ultra-Thin
- Ladies' Watch Prize: Chanel, J12 Calibre 12.1
- Ladies' Complication Watch Prize: MB&F, Legacy Machine FlyingT
- Men's Watch Prize: Voutilainen, 28ti
- Men's Complication Watch Prize: Audemars Piguet, Code 11.59 by Audemars Piguet Minute Repeater Supersonnerie
- Iconic Watch Prize: Audemars Piguet, Royal Oak "Jumbo" Extra-thin
- Chronometry Watch Prize: Chronométrie Ferdinand Berthoud, Carburised steel regulator
- Calendar and Astronomy Watch Prize: Hermès, Arceau L'heure de la lune
- Mechanical Exception Watch Prize: Genus, GNS1.2
- Chronograph Watch Prize: Bvlgari, Octo Finissimo Chronograph GMT Automatic
- Diver's Watch Prize: Seiko, Prospex LX line diver's
- Jewellery Watch Prize: Bvlgari, Serpenti Misteriosi Romani
- Artistic Crafts Watch Prize: Voutilainen, Starry Night Vine
- “Petite Aiguille” Prize: Kudoke, Kudoke 2
- Challenge Watch Prize: Tudor, Black Bay P01
- Innovation Prize: Vacheron Constantin, Traditionnelle Twin Beat perpetual calendar
- Audacity Prize: Urwerk, AMC
- “Horological Revelation” Prize: Ming, 17.06 Copper
- Special Jury Prize: Luc Pettavino, Founder and Organiser of Only Watch