Baling crash: In-laws to care for cop's five children


The in-laws of Assistant Superintendent Mohd Noor Mat Yaub have taken his five children under their wing.

This follows the death of the narcotics chief and his wife in an accident in Baling, Kedah on Tuesday.

Mohd Noor’s father-in-law Abdul Rahman Daud, 62, said he and Mohd Noor’s father, Mohd Yaub Puteh, who is from Pasir Puteh had discussed the matter yesterday.

“It has been agreed that my wife, Che Sapiah Che Ahmad, and I will raise all the children as Mohd Noor’s mother has died and his father is unwell.

“The children have always been comfortable staying with us as they have many cousins and nephews here.

“Although I live in the house only with my wife, we are surrounded by several children and grandchildren,” he said.

Mohd Noor, 38, the Baling police Narcotics Investigations Department head, and his wife, teacher Suriya Abdul Rahman, 37, were killed in an accident at Kampung Teluk Teduri in Baling on Tuesday morning while on way to her school.

Their children Irdina Alaih, 11, Insyirah Aliah, 10, and Imanina Aliah, 6, are still at Sultan Abdul Halim Hospital in Sungai Petani while Muhamad Adib Mustakim, 8, was given outpatient treatment.

The youngest child, Mohd Adib Mirza, 5, was not in the car as his parents had dropped him at his nanny’s house.

Mustakim, who was engrossed in a computer tablet, did not say much when asked about the incident.

The Year Two pupil said he did not know anything about the accident as he had fallen asleep in the back seat of the car when it happened.

In Alor Star, the children’s uncle, Nozi Mat Yaub, 35, said they still pined for their parents and did not talk much about the accident.

The Baling magistrate’s court granted a four-day remand for a 37-year-old female driver of a Toyota Hilux that had rear-ended Mohd Noor’s car and caused the fatal accident.

The businesswoman was detained right after the accident after she was tested positive for methamphetamine.

It was learnt that the woman had no previous drug record, but police were still checking if she had previous traffic offences.