Bangladeshi man, 44, who was infected with COVID-19 dies of heart attack

Staff Writer, Singapore
·Editorial Team
·1-min read
SINGAPORE - APRIL 27: Healthcare workers wearing personal protective equipment are seen in the compound of a factory-converted dormitory  on April 27, 2020 in Singapore. Singapore is now battling to control a huge outbreak in the coronavirus (COVID-19) local transmission cases among the migrant workers.  (Photo by Suhaimi Abdullah/Getty Images)
Healthcare workers wearing personal protective equipment at a factory-converted dormitory in Singapore on 27 April 2020. (PHOTO: Getty Images)

SINGAPORE — A 44-year-old Bangladeshi man who was earlier confirmed to be infected with COVID-19 died from a heart attack on Tuesday (5 May), the Ministry of Health (MOH) said.

The man had been admitted to Khoo Teck Puat Hospital on 29 April and treated for a heart attack, and was confirmed to have COVID-19 infection on the same day.

With this case, the number of deaths among confirmed COVID-19 cases from causes unrelated to the infection rose to six.

The other five fatalities – all men – were two Indian nationals aged 32 and 46, two Malaysians aged 40 and 80, and one Bangladeshi aged 47. The causes of death for four of them were heart attack (Malaysian, 40), coronary artery disease (Bangladeshi and Indian, 32), and fall from height at Khoo Teck Puat Hospital (Indian, 46) while the cause of death for the 80-year-old Malaysian was not revealed.

The MOH also confirmed 632 new COVID-19 cases and nine new clusters in Singapore as of 5 May noon, bringing the total to 19,410.

Stay in the know on-the-go: Join Yahoo Singapore's Telegram channel at http://t.me/YahooSingapore

Related stories:

COVID-19: MPs fast track Bill to allow Parliament to meet across multiple locations

COVID-19: Singapore to allow marriages via video link; 1,300 solemnisations postponed

'Sovereign woman' charged on 4 counts, says she grants 'immunity' to her lawyer

COVID-19: Man who stabbed NParks officer to be charged with attempted murder

About 40 instances of COVID-19 'fake news' debunked since January: S Iswaran