Stocks (^DJI, ^GSPC, ^IXIC) are under pressure at the midday mark as the month of May draws to a close. The finance (XLF) and energy (XLE) sectors are leading the way down, while utilities (XLU) and health care (XLV) are the most in the green. Keith Bliss of Cuttone & Company joins us live from the New York Stock Exchange. To discuss the other big stories of the day, Alexis Christoforous is joined by Yahoo Finance editor-in-chief Andy Serwer and Yahoo Finance’s Dan Roberts.
Today’s discussion topics:
- What’s in store for markets this summer?
- Crude oil 8% off May high, weighing on stocks
- Google Nest IQ: users can program familiar faces
- Reports: Gary Cohn, former Goldman COO, looks to be Fed chair
- Apple to debut “Carpool Karaoke” series August 8