GEORGE TOWN: Two people were injured when a machine at a microelectronic packaging systems factory caught fire this morning.
The fire broke out at the Dyna Craft factory in Bayan Lepas.
A Fire and Rescue Department spokesman said the duo, both in their 40s, was sent to a nearby clinic by other workers, before rescuers arrived.
One victim suffered burns on his hands, while the other complained of headaches.
Two fire trucks and 13 firemen from the Bayan Baru and Jalan Perak stations were roped in to douse the flames.
"Our unit brought the flames under control in 20 minutes, and the hazmat team confirmed that there was no gas leak or hazardous material in the affected area.
“It is safe for the team to conduct a thorough investigation,” he added.