Each week, Yahoo Lifestyle Singapore profiles a beauty blogger that is based in Singapore. Get to know their beauty secrets and find out how you can improve your daily skincare and make-up regime. This week, we feature Jamie Tan, who runs the blog JAMIETYJ.
1. How did you start becoming a beauty blogger?
I started out by taking part in CLEO’s Next Top Beauty Blogger back in 2010. Prior to this, I had no idea that this industry existed. I was an avid reader of CLEO and decided to send in my review to them to take part in the contest. I managed to get in and become one of the 10 finalists and it opened a new door for me.
2. Can you describe what a typical day is like for you?
It usually differs day to day, but will usually consist of events and/or going for beauty appointments. Some days I also spend time filming YouTube videos and editing them.
3. What’s your morning beauty regime?
My current morning routine consists of cleansing my face using my Clarisonic Pro. Following that, I’ll apply a toner, serum, eye serum, and a moisturiser. After that, I”ll apply my sunscreen. If I have any special events that day, I’ll apply a wash-off mask after I cleanse my face.
4. What’s your night-time beauty regime?
My night-time routine starts with removing my make-up (if I’m wearing any) with either a micellar water or cleansing oil, followed by cleansing with my cleanser and Clarisonic Pro. If my skin looks parched or dull, I’ll apply a face mask. Following that, I’ll apply my toner, 2 different serums, eye serum, eye cream, moisturiser, and lip balm.
5. What are your current favourite beauty products? Why?
My current favourites are the Lancome Genifique Advanced Concentrate, Kat Burki Vitamin C Intensive Face Cream, and Caudalie’s Cru La Creme. They are all very lightweight on the skin (perfect for Singapore’s hot and humid weather) but delivers great results without making my skin oily.
6. What is the most common beauty mistake you’ve heard or seen Singaporeans making? How would you wish to correct it?
Not applying sunscreen! I think brands should push out more lightweight sunscreens to encourage people to protect their skin from the sun.
7. Is there a beauty secret that you swear by?
Always remove your make-up and do your skincare! Take good care of your skin and you’ll be able to get away with applying so much less make-up on your skin. Not only will make-up adhere better and look great, a little will also go a much longer way.
8. How big is your beauty collection now?
Way too big haha. I have drawers and drawers full of make-up and probably well over 200 lipsticks.
- Don’t blindly follow new beauty trends, says beauty blogger June Fong
- Blogger Chloe Teo’s beauty hack: Use scotch tape to apply eyeshadow
- Make-up boo-boos to avoid: Less is more, says beauty blogger Patricia Tee
- Beauty blogger Roanna Tan’s ‘cure’ for acne breakouts: Just hydrate
- Beauty secrets by Mongchin Yeoh of MONGABONG
Follow Yahoo Lifestyle Singapore on Facebook.