TAIPING: 31 Maktab Rendah Sains Mara (MRSM) students, here, were rushed to the Taiping Hospital last night after complaining of stomach ache, nausea and vomiting. They were believed to have fallen ill after eating black pepper beef meal for dinner at the school’s dining hall. State Health Department deputy director (Public Health) Dr K.B Venugopalan said only one affected student had to be warded while the rest received outpatient treatments. “The warded student is reported to be in stable condition and the state Health Department is still investigating this. “The hostel’s cafeteria has been instructed to close down temporarily,” he said in a statement today. A Form Four student, Muhammad Ammer Johari said the rest of the students at the school were allowed to return home early due to the closure. “Most of my friends last night complained of stomach ache and nausea after eating the black pepper beef meal,” he said.
Get the latest World Cup 2018 scores, highlights and updates from our dedicated news page, click here © New Straits Times Press (M) Bhd