UPDATED 9:30am 18 September 2018: New information from SP Group added.
Residents living in the northern, eastern and western parts of Singapore reported a blackout in their estates in the wee hours of Tuesday (18 September).
SP Group said in a post on its Facebook page at 1.42am that electricity supply to parts of Singapore was disrupted at 1.29 am. It added that its officers were deployed to restore supply to the affected areas as soon as possible.
In a subsequent update on Facebook at 3:52am, SP said that supply was fully restored within 38 minutes, or by 1.56 am.
“In our preliminary findings, the disruption was due to partial loss of supply from two power generation units,” SP said. “Our investigations are ongoing.”
It disclosed that about 146,797 residential and commercial customers were affected.
The areas affected were Boon Lay, Choa Chu Kang, Clementi, Jurong, Pandan Loop, Aljunied, Geylang, Tanjong Rhu, Mountbatten, Kembangan, Bedok, East Coast, Ang Mo Kio, Bishan, Thomson, Mandai, Admiralty, Sembawang and Woodlands.
SP added that its officers were immediately deployed to the affected areas to restore supply as safely and quickly as possible.
Many residents in Sembawang, Yishun and Ang Mo Kio reported experiencing a blackout as early as around 1.20am.
The blackout was also reported in the eastern parts of Singapore in areas such as Bedok, Katong and Marine Parade. Residents living in the west also complained about a disruption in the electricity supply in as far as Jurong West.
At about 1.52am, several residents living in Sembawang reported that electricity had been restored.
Other Singapore stories