Nomophobia is short for “no-mobile-phone phobia”.
It’s the fear of being away from your smartphone or not having network coverage. And it’s on the rise.
Smartphone addiction is becoming a big problem. Here are some signs of addiction:
- You frequently use your phone at mealtimes.
- You spend more time on your phone than interacting with others in person.
- You frequently use your phone when you know you should be doing something else more productive.
- You frequently use your smartphone while performing tasks that require focus, e.g. completing an assignment, writing a report, driving.
- You feel uncomfortable when your phone isn’t with you.
- You sometimes check your phone in the middle of the night.
Are you an addict, or do you know someone who is?
(If you’re interested, you can take this free online smartphone addiction test designed by TheRead More »from 15 ways to overcome smartphone addiction