Search for upper body called off temporarily


The search for the other half of a badly decomposed body found at Bedok Reservoir has been stopped temporarily.

According to news reports, the decomposed lower body found in Bedok Reservoir is believed to be 23-year-old Lin Xiao, a China national working in Singapore.

Police told Yahoo! Singapore on Wednesday that they have called off the search of the missing partial body but investigations are still underway.

"Depending on the investigation results, the police may re-deploy divers to search for the other half of the body," said police spokesperson Hamizyam.

According to The Straits Times, Lin's father, Lin Zuliang was called in on Tuesday to identify the body.

Lin's family believes that the body belongs to Lin because of the clothes on the partial body. Lin had worn a belt and a pair of jeans earlier on 28 April and the same attire was present on the partial body.

Tests are underway to confirm the identity of the partial body.

Lin's profile is seen on the Singapore Police Force website under Missing Persons. It is understood that Lin went missing on 28 April at about 8am. He was last seen by a family member at his residence in Chai Chee.

Information on the website indicated that Lin is 1.7 meters tall and was last seen wearing a dark blue t-shirt with red collar and faded jeans.

Investigations by the police are ongoing.

Follow Yahoo! News on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.

  • PM Najib urges Indonesia to act against haze culprits

    MILAN: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak has urged Indonesia to take action against irresponsible companies which have contributed to the haze enveloping Malaysia and Singapore. Voicing his concern over the haze situation in Malaysia, he said it was regrettable that irresponsible parties were still using annual ‘slash and burn’ methods to clear large tracts of land in Indonesia. Indonesia, he said, should take action against the companies involved as their actions had affected air quality, the health of the public and economies.

  • Malaysia shuts schools as haze worsens

    Kuala Lumpur, Oct 4 (IANS) Malaysian authorities on Sunday ordered schools to remain closed for two days due to health risks posed by the worsening haze from Indonesian forest fires. Education Minister Mahdzir Khalid said all schools in Peninsular Malaysia except Kelantan state would be closed on Monday and Tuesday, The Malaysian Star reported. The constant haze condition in Malaysia, Singapore and large portions of Indonesia has sparked health issues, affecting flights and the closure of numerous schools and colleges.

  • The 5 Companies issued with Preventive Measures Notices by Singapore Government under Transboundary …
    The 5 Companies issued with Preventive Measures Notices by Singapore Government under Transboundary …

    Sick of the haze? The only way to stop it is to hurt the coffers of the culprits who sparked the haze-causing fires. We are not powerless as individuals if we band together. Collectively, we can start a class action suit like what what the Singapore Swimming Association is seeking to do against Singapore-linked companies that […]