The Azkals and their accuser, Christy Ramos, are the top trending searches on Yahoo! Philippines on the week of March 5 to 11.
1. Christy Ramos. Former presidential daughter Christy Ramos filed a sexual harassment complaint before the Asian Football Confederation against two members of the Philippine national men's football team, also known as the Azkals. Ramos, match commissioner of the Azkals' friendly game with Malaysia on February 29, said that while she was inspecting the Philippine team, Azkal Lexton Moy stood beside her and loudly said, "Must be a cup B." The comment elicited laughter from other players. Ramos said he must have been referring to her bra size since she was the only woman in the room at that time. Ramos also said that player Angel Guirado stood in front of her wearing only his underwear while the other players continued laughing.
Moy described what happened as a "heartbreaking misunderstanding" and vowed to "fully cooperate" with the investigation. Meanwhile, Guirado said that contrary to Ramos' claim, he was wearing shorts during the inspection.
2. Azkals. Amid the sexual harassment complaint against two of its members, the team made history by advancing to the semifinals and placing third in the AFC Challenge Cup. It defeated Tajikistan on March 13 in Kathmandu, Nepal. Guirado, who faces the harassment complaint with Moy, scored the winning goal for the Philippines. The team however lost to Turkmenistan on Friday before beating Palestine, which finished fourth, on Monday. Meanwhile, goalkeeper Neil Etheridge, who wasn't able to play in the game against Palestine, appears on the cover of Total Fitness magazine this month.
3. Paulo Avelino. The Kapuso-turned-Kapamilya actor recently received a best actor nomination from the Entertainment Press Society's Golden Screen Awards for his performance in "Ang Sayaw ng Dalawang Kaliwang Paa." Viewers of the ABS-CBN's "Walang Hanggan" also love his portrayal of Nathan, a supporting character in the primetime series. Avelino is also part of Bench clothing brand's summer ad campaign and a frontrunner in Starmometer blog's 100 Sexiest Men in the Philippines for 2012.
4. Melissa Ricks. The "Nasaan Ka, Elisa?" actress is back on the trending list after fellow Kapamilya actor Paul Jake Castillo admitted that they were dating. The former "Pinoy Big Brother" housemate disclosed in a "KrisTV" interview last week that he and Ricks have been dating since January and that they spent Valentine's Day together. For her part, Ricks said that she enjoys being with Castillo.
5. Danica Magpantay. After the 2011 Ford Supermodel of the World appeared on Yahoo!'s Only on OMG!, and recounted how she started modeling, Yahoo! users wanted to know more about her and started searching for her. Magpantay is the new endorser of Globe Tattoo.
6. Jose Manalo. A few days after the comedian packed the Smart Araneta Coliseum for his concert with "Eat Bulaga" co-host Wally Bayola, Manalo's wife Annalyn slapped him with charges of violation of RA No. 9262 or the Anti-Violence against Women and Their Children Act. Annalyn claimed that Manalo left her for another woman and that she and her children suffered emotional and verbal abuse from him. She also said she would file bigamy charges against Manalo as he allegedly married another woman in 1994. Manalo has denied his wife's allegations.
7. It's more fun in the Philippines. The Philippines' new travel slogan, "It's more fun in the Philippines," was unveiled at the Internationale Tourismus Borse (ITB-Berlin) 2012, the world's biggest travel fair, according to the Department of Foreign Affairs. Tourism Secretary Ramon Jimenez, Jr. and Philippine Ambassador to Germany Maria Cleofe Natividad introduced the new brand theme on the first day of the five-day event that drew over 110,000 visitors from all over the world.
8. Mayon Volcano. The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (PhiVolcs ) earlier this month placed Mayon Volcano on alert level 1. This means while an eruption is not expected, the volcano is showing low level unrest. PhiVolcs advised residents to avoid the six-kilometer permanent danger zone around Mayon. Searches for Taal Volcano also spiked.
9. Aleli Arroyo and Grace Ibuna. The women in the life of late Rep. Ignacio Arroyo refused to acknowledge each other's presence during the funeral rites for the congressman who once claimed he was Jose Pidal. "As far as I am concerned, she does not exist," said Aleli, Arroyo's legal wife. Meanwhile, his common law wife, Grace Ibuna, said she doesn't "really care who [Aleli] is." The two women were embroiled in an earlier legal tussle over the custody of the remains of the brother of former First Gentleman Mike Arroyo.
10. Ray Bernard Peñaranda. The 19-year-old University of the Philippines Los Baños (UPLB) student died after he was stabbed during a robbery on March 4. Peñaranda, a third-year agriculture student, and his friends were on their way home when two men on a motorcycle blocked their path and announced the robbery. News reports say that when the students tried to put up a fight, one of the robbers punched and stabbed Peñaranda. Police have arrested three suspects who now face robbery with homicide charges in court.
Check out the previous Yahoo! Search Trends article, "Filipino-Mexican on 'American Idol' tops Yahoo! PH's trending searches."