March 15 (Reuters) - Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd
* FY revenue HK$92,751 million versus HK$102,342 million a
* FY net loss HK$575 million versus profit of HK$6 billion
* Full year dividend per share HK$ 0.05
* Expect operating environment in 2017 to remain challenging
* "Strong competition from other airlines and adverse effect
of strength of Hong Kong dollar are expected to continue to put
pressure on yield"
* Cargo market overcapacity is expected to persist
* "Expect to continue to benefit in 2017 from fact that fuel
prices are much lower than their previous high levels, but to a
* "Air traffic to, from and within Asia-Pacific region is
expected to grow strongly"
* Expect to incur further fuel hedging losses in 2017
* Despite challenges still expect business to grow in
* "Are starting on a three year programme of corporate
transformation with intention of achieving returns above cost of
* "Working on operational changes intended to improve
reliability of our schedules"
* Intend to benefit from this growth in Asia-Pacific region
by increasing passenger capacity by 4-5% per annum
Source text for Eikon:
Further company coverage: