Oakland Raiders coach Jon Gruden said on Friday receiver Antonio Brown will start the team's season-opening game despite a bust-up with general manager Mike Mayock.
The Raiders had reportedly planned to suspend Brown after it emerged Brown and Mayock had faced off in a heated altercation at a practice session on Wednesday.
Brown had threatened to punch Mayock during the confrontation, which was triggered after the Raiders fined the receiver for missing a practice and walkthrough.
However on Friday Gruden said the ill-feeling had been set aside and Brown was now expected to start against the Denver Broncos on Monday.
"That's the plan," Gruden told reporters in brief remarks at practice on Friday.
"Antonio is back today," Gruden said. "We're really excited about that. Ready to move on. He's had a lot of, obviously, time to think about things. We're happy to have him back and I know Raider Nation is excited about that, too."
ESPN reported earlier on Friday Brown had issued an "emotional apology" at a team meeting earlier Friday.
Brown's spat with Mayock is the latest in a series of off-field dramas that have swirled around the player since he was traded to the Raiders by the Pittsburgh Steelers in March.
The 31-year-old seven-time Pro-Bowler was forced to miss two weeks of training camp in August after reporting for duty with frostbite on his feet, which he blamed on a cryotherapy mishap.
He also vented angrily against the NFL over new regulations forcing players in the league to switch to a new type of helmet, insisting he be allowed to retain the helmet he has always played with.
His attempts to force the league into granting an exemption for him on the helmet issue ended in failure.