SINGAPORE (EDGEPROP) - Over the weekend of Jan 11-12, Koh Brothers sold 10 out of a total of 69 units in its luxury, freehold project Van Holland. The condominium is a redevelopment of the former Toho Mansion and is located just across the road from Holland Village.
The crowd on the launch weekend of Van Holland on Jan 11-12 (Photo: Koh Brothers)
The number of units that have been spoken for at Van Holland is equivalent to 15% of the project. Prices are said to start from $2,600 psf. “We are deeply heartened by the warm reception that we received over the public launch weekend given that there were a number of other developments that also launched in the same weekend,” comments Francis Koh, managing director and group CEO of Singapore-listed property group, Koh Brothers.
Two of the 10 units sold were related-party transactions, as they were purchases by Koh’s son and daughter, Benjamin and Rachel, respectively. According to a company announcement on Jan 11, Benjamin snapped up a unit on the third floor, which was tagged at $1.511 million. However, as a substantial shareholder of the company, Benjamin was entitled to a 3% staff discount, which means the sale price was adjusted to $1.465 million.
His sister Rachel purchased a slightly bigger unit on the same floor, for $2.085 million. Like her brother, Rachel, a substantial shareholder of Koh Brothers, was also eligible for a 3% staff discount, which means she paid $2.022 million instead of $2.085 million.
- [UPDATED] Singapore’s housing market in 2020: What will the leap year bring?
- The bling of Van Holland
The 69-unit Van Holland has a mix of one- to four-bedroom apartments with sizes from 549 to 1,345 sq ft (Photo: Koh Brothers)
Benjamin and Rachel are not just children of the managing director and group CEO of Koh Brothers, but also the grandchildren of Koh Tiat Meng, the firm’s executive chairman.
The units at Van Holland are a mix of one- to four-bedroom apartments, with sizes from 495 to 1,345 sq ft. There is also a separate four-storey block called the Executive Series, where there are only 16 units, with sizes from 1,001 to 1,9911 sq ft. The units offer finishes such as bookmatched Italian marble flooring, quality Italian sanitary fittings with Swarovski crystals, and top-of-the-line kitchen appliances from Miele. The project is scheduled to be completed by March 2023.
For price trends, recent transactions, other project info, check out Van Holland project research page
- How resilient is the demand for high-end condos?
- New Condo Launches within 500m of a Circle Line (CCL) Station: 2019 Edition
- Holland Village: Old charm, new life [Included Most Updated Projects]
- Singapore Property for Sale & Rent, Latest Property News, Advanced Analytics Tools
- Which Properties Can You Buy If You Win the $9.9 million TOTO?
- Leedon Green: New benchmark in prime District 10
- The great price divide
- Unit at The Jade sold for $712,880 profit
- En Bloc Calculator, Find Out If Your Condo Will Be The Next en-bloc
- HDB Resale Flats Up For Sale, Affordable Units Available