SINGAPORE — The Ministry of Health (MOH) reported 931 new COVID-19 cases in Singapore as of noon on Sunday (26 April), bringing the total to 13,624.
Of the new cases, 886 are foreign workers living in dormitories, said the ministry.
Fifteen are Singaporeans or permanent residents, of which two are considered as imported – both Singaporeans had been placed on Stay-Home Notices upon arrival in Singapore on 10 April.
Of the new cases, MOH said, 74 per cent are linked to known clusters, while the rest are pending contact tracing. In the past week (19 April to 25 Saturday), MOH said it has uncovered links for 1,280 previously unlinked cases.
It announced four additional clusters on Sunday: Proptech Pte Ltd (38 Senoko Road), 5 Kian Teck Crescent, 3 Sungei Kadut Street 6 and 133 Tuas View Square.
Around 50 clusters linked to foreign worker dormitories have been identified thus far, including Singapore’s largest cluster linked to S11 Dormitory@Punggol, followed by Sungei Tengah Lodge and Tuas View Dormitory.
The three are among the 25 dorms that have been gazetted as isolation areas and account for some 40 per cent of the total infected cases living in dorms across Singapore.
Some 300,000 foreign workers live in dorms here in Singapore.
Additionally, as there have been no more cases linked to Singapore Cricket Club (A Connaught Drive) and The Wedding Brocade (1 Yishun Industrial Street 1) for the past two incubation periods (28 days), the clusters are now closed.
22 cases in intensive care
An additional 58 cases have been discharged from hospitals or community isolation facilities, the ministry said. In all, 1,060 have fully recovered from the infection.
There are currently 1,311 confirmed cases who are still in hospital. Of these, most are stable or improving, and 22 are in critical condition in the intensive care unit.
A total of 11,241 are isolated and cared for at community facilities. These are those who have mild symptoms, or are clinically well but still test positive for COVID-19.
To date, 12 cases here have died from complications due to COVID-19 infection, including an 84-year-old Singaporean woman who succumbed to the virus on Tuesday night.
Three patients, who tested positive for the virus, have died from causes unrelated to COVID-19. The latest such fatality was a 40-year-old Malaysian man who died of a heart attack on 18 April. He had tested positive for the virus the day before.
Separately, a 46-year-old Indian migrant worker, identified by the ministry as case 8190, died after being found at a staircase landing in Khoo Teck Puat Hospital on Thursday. He had tested positive for COVID-19 prior to his death.
“The cause of death for case 8190 was multiple injuries consistent with those resulting from a fall from height, and was not due to complications from COVID-19 infection,” the ministry said on Friday.
As of 20 April, the ministry has conducted 121,774 swab tests, of which 82,644 were done on unique individuals.
Stay in the know on-the-go: Join Yahoo Singapore's Telegram channel at http://t.me/YahooSingapore
More Singapore stories: