CPG in charge of mixed-development in Laos

by Cheryl Tay

Architectural firm CPG Consultants has been appointed as the master planner for a 43 ha mixed-use development in Vientiane, Laos, reported The Business Times.

Dubbed Vientiane New World (pictured), the project is worth US$600 million (S$733.66 million). Its first phase comprises 50 villas which housed heads of state and delegates at the recently concluded ninth Asia-Europe Meeting.

The next phase will include residential, retail and entertainment amenities, a tourism hub, offices and a trade centre.

As the master planner, the firm will start the planning and design of the project, including basic infrastructure such as pedestrian and road networks, open spaces and density management.

Dylan Yee, Deputy Director at CPG, commented, "The Vientiane New World project presented an excellent opportunity for us to export our expertise in urban planning to design and construct a realistic, implementable and financially sustainable development."

"It has enabled us to share our knowledge of a developing country's infrastructural needs with other developing countries in Asia, which look to Singapore as a role model of an efficient and successful city, built on architectural and engineering excellence."

Separately, Tiong Seng Holdings Ltd's wholly-owned subsidiary Tiong Seng Contractors (Pte) Ltd and its venture partner Kajima Overseas Asia Pte Ltd have clinched a S$413million contract to build a 12-storey media complex at Mediapolis @ One North.

Granted by Mediacorp Pte Ltd, the contract is expected to commence this month.

Kajima holds an 80 percent stake in the JV, while Tiong Seng Contractors holds the remaining 20 percent.

Related Stories:

Crown Centre ground floor retail units up for sale

BSG, Katana to develop mixed-use project in S'pore

Roxy-Pacific posts Q3 profit growth

More from PropertyGuru:
A-HTrust's distributable income exceeds forecast
Crown Centre ground floor retail units up for sale
BSG, Katana to develop mixed-use project in S'pore
Roxy-Pacific posts Q3 profit growth