Directed by Gareth Edwards (“Rogue One,” “Godzilla”), the film stars John David Washington (“Tenet”), Gemma Chan (“Eternals”), Ken Watanabe (“Inception”), Sturgill Simpson (“Dog”), newcomer Madeleine Yuna Voyles and Academy Award® winner Allison Janney (“I, Tonya”).
Amidst a future war between the human race and the forces of artificial intelligence, Joshua (Washington), a hardened ex-special forces agent grieving the disappearance of his wife (Chan), is recruited to hunt down and kill the Creator, the elusive architect of advanced AI who has developed a mysterious weapon with the power to end the war… and mankind itself. Joshua and his team of elite operatives journey across enemy lines, into the dark heart of AI-occupied territory… only to discover the world-ending weapon he’s been instructed to destroy is an AI in the form of a young child.
Opens in theaters September 29, 2023.
- What's Heaven?
- It's a peaceful place in the sky.
["DREAM ON" PLAYING]
- Are you going to Heaven?
- Why not?
- You got to be a good person to go to Heaven.
- (SINGING) Every time that I look--
- 10 years ago today, the artificial intelligence created to protect us detonated a nuclear warhead in Los Angeles.
- (SINGING) The past is gone.
- For as long as AI is a threat--
- (SINGING) It went by--
- --we will never stop hunting. This is a fight for our very existence.
- Whatever's in there, they're sure worried about someone getting in. Yeah, or it getting out.
- (SINGING) You know it's true. All the tings come back to you.
- We're the same. We can't go to heaven because you're not good, and I'm not a person.
- (SINGING) Dream on. Dream on.
- Did you locate the weapon?
- Yeah. It's a kid. Seatbelts.
- (SINGING) Dream on.
- What do you want with the child?
- (SINGING) Dream until your dreams come true.
- We are this close to winning the war. Execute her, or we go extinct.
- They're coming to get me.
- (SINGING) Dream on. Dream on Dream on. Dream until your dreams come true. Dream until your dreams come true.