Malacca (The Star/ANN) - A woman who was allegedly sexually abused through the years and kept the incest a secret has finally broke her silence.
It took the victim nine years to muster the courage to lodge a police report exposing what her soldier father did to her.
The woman, now aged 20, claimed that her father also locked her up in a room when she was in Year Six and sexually abused her.
She was only given food during those few days and was not allowed to attend school.
The abuse purportedly lasted for five years, beginning when she was in Year Five until she ran away from home.
She also claimed in her Jan 11 report that there had been occasions when her father tied her to the bed and also inserted objects into her private parts.
The woman alleged that she endured a torturous period under the care of her father and claimed she got the courage to lodge the report after four years only because her aunt had assured her that she would not be harmed.
Her relative, who requested anonymity, claimed the victim told him that her father had raped and sexually abused her.
He alleged the woman's mother was aware of the abuse but kept silent because of her husband's fierce character.
The victim had on numerous occasions complained to her mother but her pleas went unheeded.
"Her mother even advised the victim to put up with the ordeal to avoid annoying her husband," he claimed.
The relative alleged that the father became more daring after realising his wife would not take any action, resulting in him making sexual advances towards his daughter in the presence of his wife and other family members.
"She stayed at the relative's house until she completed her SPM," he said.
Besides lodging the police report, they also asked Wanita MCA for help.
Its chief Datuk Yu Chok Tow said they would assist the woman in seeking legal redress based on the outcome of the police report.