District police chief accused of sexually harassing 7 men faces immediate action: IGP

Teoh Pei Ying

KUALA LUMPUR: A district police chief in Sabah accused of sexually harassing six policemen as well as a People’s Volunteer Corps (Rela) member will have immediate action taken against him, Inspector-General of Police (IGP) Tan Sri Mohamad Fuzi Harun said today.

He also revealed that authorities had received numerous complaints against the district police chief from policemen and members of the public.

“We have yet to transfer him, as we are looking into (the situation). (But) immediate action will be taken,” Fuzi told reporters after officiating “Gotong-Royong Mega 1.0 Perangi Aedes Peringkat PDRM” at the federal police headquarters in Bukit Aman here, today.

It was reported that the district police chief was being investigated and will be transferred over sexual harassment allegations.

A news portal today quoted a source saying that the senior officer had sent lewd messages to his officers and asked them to go with him to hotel rooms under the pretext of holding discussions.

The district police chief had allegedly lured one victim into a hotel room before attempting to kiss his cheek and touch his private parts, the portal reported.

The source also claimed that the man had allegedly slipped his hand inside the victims’ pants.

Meanwhile, on the matter of the missing Radioactive Dispersal Device (RDD), Fuzi said that authorities have yet to discover the device.

He said a similar case occurred last year, but he declined to elaborate on the matter.

NSTP reported today that police are frantically searching for a 23kg RDD which has been missing since Aug 10.

It was reported that two technicians of a technology company, who are in their mid 30s, loaded the device onto the back of the company’s pick-up truck for an assignment in Seremban.

They completed their task and left Seremban for their office in Shah Alam at 2am.

When they arrived an hour later, they discovered that the device was missing from their Nissan Navara.

The men told police that the device could have fallen out during their drive back to their office. The duo retraced their journey in an attempt to recover the device, to no avail.

Police arrested the men a day after the incident. They were released on police bail after their remand order expired on Friday.

Authorities have ruled out terrorism or militancy in the case. © New Straits Times Press (M) Bhd