SINGAPORE — Authorities have suspended the licence of Eng’s Heritage from Wednesday (13 January) until further notice, after 26 people who ate at the wonton noodle chain’s Northpoint outlet came down with food poisoning.
Five of the 26 cases are currently hospitalised and are in a stable condition, while one additional case has been discharged from hospital, the Ministry of Health (MOH) and the Singapore Food Agency (SFA) said in a joint release.
The patrons reportedly had gastroenteritis symptoms after they consumed food at the outlet between 7 and 9 January, MOH and SFA added.
All food handlers working in the suspended premises are required to re-attend and pass the Basic Food Hygiene Course, before they can resume work as food handlers.
The appointed food hygiene officers working at the suspended premises are also required to re-attend and pass the food hygiene officer course before they can resume work.
Eng's Heritage is also required to clean and sanitise the premise, including equipment and utensils, the authorities said.
“Food safety is a joint responsibility. The SFA would like to remind food operators to observe good food and personal hygiene practices at all times,” they added.
“The SFA will not hesitate to take firm action against anyone found to be in violation of the Environmental Public Health Act.”
Under the Act, first-time offenders face a maximum fine of $10,000, while repeat offenders face a fine of up to $20,000, three months' jail or both.
Stay in the know on-the-go: Join Yahoo Singapore's Telegram channel at http://t.me/YahooSingapore
Other Singapore stories: