SEREMBAN: Former Negri Sembilan Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia (PPBM) chief activist, Mohd Anas Sudin, today urged Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin to issue a public apology for allegedly accusing him of being a Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR) member.
In a press conference here tonight, he said Muhyiddin, who is also PPBM president, made the accusation outside the Parliament lobby on April 6, a day after Anas held a press conference to announce the departure of 500 PPBM members, including him, from the party.
"My name was clearly mentioned and the accusation is absolutely untrue. It is malicious against me.
"I want to clarify that I have never been a PKR member. I have never even set foot at any PKR programme," said Anas.
He said he had been a PPBM member since the party's formation.
"The accusation made by Muhyiddin had affected me and smeared my name. I am traumatised and depressed on the allegation and criticism I have been receiving from PPBM members, especially those who know me well," he said.
Anas said he would proceed with legal action against Muhyiddin if the latter does not retract the claim by issuing a public apology through the print or electronic media.
He also gave Muhyiddin seven days from today to do so, failing which he will file a defamation suit against him.