Father of Seremban student forced to ingest poison says Pravin was a good son

ZAIDI ISHAM ISMAIL


NILAI: The father of the teen who died after being forced to ingest poison by school bullies has called on his son’s school to be stricter in enforcing its rules.

“I hope that the school will be more strict in enforcing the rules and that the police will investigate thoroughly the circumstances leading to my son’s death.

“He was a good and obedient son. He was diligent in his studies but there are many negative elements surrounding his school with students playing truant and sniffing glue,” said Selvarajah Mennanchatty, father of S. Pravin, who died last night at Hospital Tuanku Ja’afar.

Last Wednesday, 15-year-old Pravin was allegedly forced to ingest poison by a group of students who were angry at him as he had scolded them for sniffing glue.

The group then allegedly held him down and forced the victim to down the poison.

It was reported that the victim then went home and told his mother of the incident and complained of throat and stomach pains the following day.

He was sent to a health clinic before being referred to the hospital for further treatment.

He passed away while still receiving treatment at the hospital.

Deputy Education Minister and MCA Youth Chief Datuk Chong Sin Woon visited the family to offer his condolences and to pay his last respects to the deceased.