KUANTAN: The floods in Rompin took a turn for the worse Saturday night when the number of victims rose to 125 people from 34 families compared to the 99 people from 28 families this afternoon.
Pahang Civil Defence Force director Zainal Yusof said another relief centre was opened at Kampung Rekoh Community Hall in addition to the Kampung Setajam relief centre which started operating yesterday.
“In Kampung Setajam the number of victims remained at 99 people from 28 families while in Kampung Rekoh there are 26 victims from six families seeking shelter at the centre now,” he said when contacted, here, today.
So far there are no road closures due to the floods. --BERNAMA