Ferrari said on Wednesday they have taken on Spaniard Pedro de la Rosa as test driver for the upcoming season.
The 41-year-old had previously been test and reserve driver with McLaren before last season passing the 100 Grands Prix mark with Spanish stable HRT, which will not participate in the 2013 season owing to financial reasons.
Ferrari made their announcement at a press meeting in the Italian resort of Madonna di Campiglio.
At Ferrari, De la Rosa, whose best finish was second in Hungary in 2006, will link up with two compatriots -- double world champion Fernando Alonso and test driver Marc Gene.
He will largely work on the Ferrari simulator equipment, which is taking on growing importance owing to recent rule changes banning private testing during the season.
Ferrari will begin their pre-season testing on February 5 in Jerez, Spain, before the season starts in Australia on March 17.
"It is incredibly motivating to work for a team such as Ferrari, and not just because of what they represent in terms of Formula One history but also because it will be a totally new and very stimulating experience for me," De la Rosa told Autosport magazine.