Glastonbury, the UK festival that’s the biggest greenfield music event in the world, has been canceled for a second year running, organizers said on Thursday (January 21).
The festival’s founder, Michael Evis, announced the decision on Twitter, with the global health crisis again the reason why it needed to be called off.
He said "In spite of our efforts to move Heaven and Earth, it has become clear that we simply will not be able to make the Festival happen this year. We are so sorry to let you all down."
This edition would have been Glastonbury's 50th anniversary, and was due to feature former Beatle Paul McCartney as its headline act.
More than 135,000 tickets had sold out in just 34 minutes for the event held on Eavis's dairy farm in the southwest of England.
All of those who’d previously paid the £50 or $68 deposit for a ticket will now have the opportunity to roll that over to next year, when it’s hoped Glastonbury can return.