Stocks (^DJI, ^GSPC, ^IXIC) are slightly down at the midday mark, with the consumer discretionary sector (XLY) the most in the red and the tech sector (XLK) the most in the green. Both gold and long-term US bonds are surging to new 2017 highs. Alan Valdes, director of floor operations at Silverbear, joins us live from the New York Stock Exchange. To discuss the other big stories of the day, Alexis Christoforous is joined by Yahoo Finance’s Rick Newman, Pras Subramanian and Yahoo Finance tech critic David Pogue.
- Politics dominating investor concerns
- Tuesday Tech Watch with David Pogue: Apple’s WWDC
- Apple’s Siri speaker takes on Amazon, Google
- Trump’s big push to boost US infrastructure spending
- Google launches Internet safety program for kids
- Seattle votes for soda tax