There’s something about Halloween activities that gets everyone excited. Perhaps, it’s the joy of seeing kids in cute costumes collecting loads of sweets from a Trick or Treat. Or the once-in-a-year chance to wear your scary and fabulous #ootd in Halloween events.
However, parting away with your money is the most horrific thing about Halloween. The problem for anyone with tight budgets is that many Halloween events, especially for kids, are expensive. Joining a one-day event in a hotel or high-end mall costs around PHP 2,000+, which can be a family’s budget for several days.
Good thing, you can still enjoy Halloween activities with your kids or barkada without busting your budget. We’ve listed down some affordable Halloween 2019 events for children and adults.
Kid-Friendly Halloween 2019 Activities
Dress Up Kids in Creepy Yet Cute Costumes for Free Museum Tickets
- Halloween event: Happy Halloween Costume Party
- Venue: Art In Island Museum, 175 15th Ave., Cubao, Quezon City
- Date: October 26 to 31, 2019
- Time: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Price: Free admission for kids and students in full costumes + PHP 500 entrance fee per adult companion
- Activities: Costume contest, pumpkin painting contest, games, and candy trove
Come with your kids decked out in full Halloween costumes, and they’ll get free entrance to Art In Island, the largest 3D interactive art museum in the Philippines. This Halloween 2019 free admission promo (1) is open also to high school and college students who visit in full costumes and present their student ID.
Art In Island will also hold its first-ever Halloween costume contest, with a “Kata-cute” (scary and cute) theme, on October 26 at 2 p.m. Children and students six to 12 years old with at least one paying adult companion can join. Participants in most creative costumes relevant to the theme will win gift packs and up to PHP 5,000 cash prize.
Interested? Register online until October 24, 12 p.m.
Enjoy Fun-Filled Halloween 2019 Activities for Kids and Pets
- Halloween event: Petrified 2019: A Zombie Halloween Bash at Eastwood City
- Venue: Eastwood Mall Open Park, Eastwood City, Quezon City
- Date: October 27, 2019
- Time: 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Price: Free admission for a PHP 600 single or accumulated-purchase receipts at any Eastwood City establishment from October 21 to 27, 2019
- Activities: Kids and pet costume contest, Trick or Treat parade, pet magic show, games, photo booth, and more
A lot of fun activities and spooky treats await children and pets who will sashay in petrifying costumes at Eastwood City’s Halloween 2019 event. Aside from typical costume contests and Trick or Treat, kids and adults can look forward to joining games like the Zombie Crawl race and Brain Hunt. Your furry friends are also in for a treat with a grooming station, pet talks, pet agility courses, and more.
Experience a Superhero vs. Villain-Themed Adventure
- Halloween event: Heroiffic Halloween at Southwoods Mall
- Venue: Southwoods Mall, Southwoods City, Biñan, Laguna
- Date: October 27, 2019
- Time: 10 a.m.
- Price: Free admission for a PHP 500 minimum single-receipt purchase at any Southwoods Mall establishment from October 15 to 27, 2019
- Activities: Trick or Treat, costume contest, face painting, games, and more
Bring your superhero-loving kids to Southwoods Mall on October 27 and let them enjoy different Halloween 2019 activities, like meeting and taking pictures with their favorite supers and villains. Or join the Halloween costume contest and get the chance to win gift certificates worth up to PHP 10,000. Cap off the day watching Maphista’s Jam: Musical Play featuring battle powers on stage.
Join a Spooktacular Costume Contest
- Halloween event: Too Cute to Spook Costume Contest
- Venue: SM malls nationwide
- Date: October 31, 2019
- Time: Varies per SM mall branch, but usually starts between 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Price: Free admission for a PHP 1,000 single or accumulated-receipt purchase at SM mall establishments from October 18 to 31, 2019
Dress up your kids in their favorite cartoon characters or as horror or fantasy creatures! Kids 12 years old and below can join the Too Cute To Spook! Costume Contest and get the chance to win SM shopping money or GCs. To participate, register at the nearest SM branch.
Have Fun Wearing Matchy Halloween Outfits with Your Kids
- Halloween event: Blue Wave Tricks and Treats Halloween Party 2019
- Venue: 3/F Cinema Lobby, BlueWave Mall, Sumulong Highway, Marikina
- Date: October 26, 2019
- Time: 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Price: Free admission for a PHP 500 minimum single-receipt purchase at BlueWave 1 and 2 stores from October 1 to 25, 2019
- Activities: Costume party, games, and magic show
Love taking pictures of your kids looking creepy yet adorable in their Halloween costumes? Join in BlueWave Mall’s Halloween 2019 Party (2) with your little ones clad in costumes! Even better, why not show up in matching parent-child Halloween outfits?
This costume party is open to children from three to 12 years old accompanied by a guardian. To get an invite, present your qualifying receipt/s at the mall’s Leasing & Marketing Department until October 25. Only 70 slots are available, so hurry up!
Halloween 2019 Activities for Adults
Scream Your Heart Out at Haunted Manila Festival
- Halloween event: Haunted Manila Festival
- Venue: Filinvest City Events Grounds, Bridgeway Ave., Alabang, Muntinlupa
- Date: October 26 to 31, 2019
- Time: Gates open at 3 p.m. daily
- Price: Starts at PHP 100 (for Pelikulagim) per attraction pass
- Activities: Concert, horror movie screening, Trick or Treat games, scavenger hunt, and more
Spend an unforgettable, terrifying week at Haunted Manila (3), the largest Halloween festival in the Philippines. The Halloween 2019 event, which will run for six consecutive nights, features various attractions that highlight Filipino horror culture.
Buy an attraction pass to join each Haunted Manila activity. The cheapest attraction is Pelikulagim (PHP 100/person), a classic Pinoy horror movie marathon in an open-air cinema on October 27 to 30, from 7 p.m. to 12 a.m. Watch out for roaming scare actors during the Halloween movie marathon!
Another budget-friendly Halloween activity is surviving the Breakout Philippines’ Haunted Escape Rooms (PHP 300/person/story) full of white ladies, kapres, manananggals, and other Pinoy mythical creatures for 20 minutes. A ticket to this attraction also gives free access to Pelikulagim.
Attraction passes to all Haunted Manila activities, including Pelikulagim and Haunted Escape Rooms, come with free access to Gayuma Food Bazaar and Trick or Treat Game Stations.
Try an Immersive Horror House Experience
- Halloween event: Bahay Trese’s OUIJA: Ang Mensahe ng Kaluluwa
- Venue: Bahay Trese, 4/F Bldg. 3, Sta. Lucia Mall, Marcos Highway cor. Felix Ave., Cainta, Rizal
- Date: Select dates from October 3, 2019 to December 29, 2019
- Time: 2 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Price: PHP 200 per ticket / PHP 800 per group of five
A spine-chilling adventure awaits anyone who dares to enter Bahay Trese (4), the first immersive theatrical horror attraction in the Philippines. Now on its fifth season, the horror house—inspired by real events during the Japanese occupation of Manila—has opened its doors again, ready to welcome brave souls who are up for a close encounter with terrifying characters and a challenge to escape the haunted home.
Can’t stand the entire 20 minutes of terror inside Bahay Trese? No worries—you can take any of the “Duwag” exits if you must.
Have a Hair-Raising Halloween Movie Marathon
- Halloween event: Asian Horror Film Festival at Ayala Malls Manila Bay
- Venue: Cinema 9, Ayala Malls Manila Bay, Diosdado Macapagal Blvd., cor. Aseana Ave., Parañaque
- Date: October 11, 2019 to November 1, 2019 (Fridays and Saturdays only)
- Price: PHP 200 per ticket
Fans of Asian horror flicks should check out this film fest featuring 11 Filipino, Indonesian, and Korean horror films. Check out the Ayala Malls website for its Asian horror movie lineup.
Party in Your Best Halloween Costume
- Halloween event: Scout House of Horrors
- Venue: Ick Heritage House, 1971 Ick Street, Sta. Ana, Manila
- Date: October 30, 2019
- Time: 6 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Price: PHP 200 (ticket price) / PHP 300 (door price)
Scout Magazine will hold a Halloween party (5) for its fifth anniversary. Enjoy a night of games and prizes, performances, and free-flowing drinks! But the highlight of the event is its venue—a three-story ancestral home that’s built in the 1930s and one of the oldest surviving houses in Sta. Ana, Manila.
Tickets are available for PHP 200 each at SM Tickets and Ticket2Me. The ticket price is PHP 300 for those who will buy on-site on the event day. The first 500 guests will get a free beer. Don’t forget to wear your Halloween costume!
Celebrating Halloween doesn’t have to break your budget. You just need to know where to look for free or affordable Halloween activities in your area. Or you can organize your own Halloween party at home to save money. Exchanging scary stories with your family and friends is also a good way to spend Halloween at no cost!
- (1) Happy Halloween Costume Party
- (2) Blue Wave Tricks and Treats Halloween Party 2019
- (3) Haunted Manila Festival
- (4) Bahay Trese
- (5) Scout House of Horrors
The post Halloween 2019: Affordable Activities to Enjoy With Family and Friends appeared first on Moneymax.