SINGAPORE (AP) — U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is in Singapore to talk up an Asia trade agreement that has hit snags in final negotiations.
- Scientists identify the taste of fat as sixth taste AFP Relax - Tue, Jul 28, 2015
After sweet, sour, salty and bitter, as well as the most recently acknowledged flavor profile on the palate, umami, scientists from Purdue University in Indiana … More »
- Soybean oil worse for your health than coconut oil AFP Relax - Fri, Jul 24, 2015
According to scientists from the University of California, Riverside, a diet high in soybean oil may cause more obesity and diabetes than a diet high in fructose. … More »
- How to Eat Healthy Even When You’re Super Busy at Work Health Xchange - Fri, Jul 17, 2015
“Being overweight plays a part in many diseases, from heart disease to high blood pressure, diabetes, certain cancers, gout and osteoporosis,” says Christine Ong, … More »
- Shocking moment boy drinks 'pint of Guinness' in pub Yahoo7 News - Thu, Jul 9, 2015
A video showing a young Irish boy drinking a pint of Guinness has sparked outrage. … More »
- 3 Things to Know About Thalassemia, a Blood Disorder Affecting 1 in 20 People in Singapore Health Xchange - Fri, Jul 3, 2015
All three are carriers of a genetic blood disorder known as thalassaemia. In the human body, red blood cells contain haemoglobin, made up of protein chains called … More »
- Sugary drinks may cause 184,000 global deaths a year: study AFP Relax - Tue, Jun 30, 2015
Sodas and other sugary drinks may cause up to 184,000 deaths a year worldwide, according to a study published Monday in the journal Circulation. Billed as a first, … More »
- 4 Lessons from Startupbootcamp FinTech Singapore
- Dazzling Cafe Brings The Honey Toast Fad From Taiwan To Singapore
Popspoken was lucky enough to snag a seat at the bustling Dazzling Cafe located in the recently-renovated Capitol Piazza. Hailing from Taiwan and influenced by a French aesthetic, Dazzling Cafe greeted me with pleasant pastel blues and white as I made my way to the table. Now I’ve learned to stay away from Tomyam-flavoured pastas in Singapore after countless times of being disappointed, but at Dazzling Cafe, I decided to give it a chance and was pleasantly surprised.