Hong Kong police launch hunt for three men after suspected gang rape

Clifford Lo
Hong Kong police launch hunt for three men after suspected gang rape

Police were searching for three men on Wednesday after a 36-year-old woman claimed she was gang raped after she passed out in a flat in Hong Kong.

One of the alleged attackers was understood to be her former boyfriend, who is in his 40s, and the other two men were his friends, according to police.

The ordeal was said to have happened when the woman went to her ex-boyfriend’s home in To Kwa Wan Road in To Kwa Wan in the early hours of Monday. His two male friends were in the flat at the time of the incident.

Hong Kong police arrest man suspected of raping woman in her Tuen Mun flat

Officers were told that she went there to lend him HK$2,000, according to a police source.

“She claimed she was raped by the three men after she passed out in the flat,” the source said.

She left the flat and returned to her home in Sha Tin Pass Road, Wong Tai Sin on Tuesday but did not make a report to police.

She called police from her home before daybreak on Wednesday after she talked to her current boyfriend about the matter.

Police launched a search for the three men after receiving a report from the victim at about 4.15am on Wednesday.

The source said officers were investigating why she passed out in the incident.

“Crime squad officers will interview and take a statement from her,” he said.

It is understood police are investigating whether she took illegal drugs in the To Kwa Wan flat and passed out from an overdose.

Detectives from the Kowloon City district crime squad are handling the case. So far, no one has been arrested.

There has been an increase in sex crimes in the city in the first seven months of this year, despite an overall downward trend in recent years.

Between January and July, there were 39 cases of rape and 620 cases of indecent assault, showing increases of 14.7 and 6.2 per cent respectively from the same period last year.

This article Hong Kong police launch hunt for three men after suspected gang rape first appeared on South China Morning Post

For the latest news from the South China Morning Post download our mobile app. Copyright 2017.