I’m A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! bosses have revealed that the new series will be set at a historic ruined castle in North Wales.
Gwrych Castle in Abergele had been thought to be a contender after it was decided that the show would not be held in Australia as usual this year, and it has now been confirmed by ITV.
The castle is nestled in a tree-lined hillside overlooking the Irish Sea, and is spread across 250 acres of gardens and grounds.
Read more: Ant and Dec keen to do another sitcom
Ant and Dec will still be on board as hosts, presenting an adapted version of the hit reality show live every night from the castle.
But bosses have promised that, despite the move from Down Under, viewers will still see the celebrities “undertake gruelling trials and fun-filled challenges to win food and treats in the lead up to one of them being crowned, for the first time ever, King or Queen of the Castle”.
Richard Cowles, Director of Entertainment at ITV Studios, said: “The Australian jungle is such an integral part of the show it was a big challenge to find a UK location where we could continue to deliver what viewers love about I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!
“But Gwrych will definitely do that; the castle sits in an amazing and atmospheric setting on a hillside overlooking the Irish Sea.
“While there will be plenty of changes required as we move from New South Wales in Australia to North Wales in the UK, we are really excited to see how we can adapt the format and make the castle our new home for a very special 20th series of I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here! this Autumn.”
Dr Mark Baker, Chair of the Gwrych Castle Preservation Trust, said he was “absolutely delighted” that it had been chosen.
“Gwrych Castle is a beautiful grade I listed 19th county house and a must-see destination for tourists visiting Wales,” he said. “I’m A Celebrity being here will really help support Gwrych Castle and its ongoing restoration as well as giving the region a much-needed economic boost.”
I’m A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here! moves to UK for 2020— ITV Press Centre (@itvpresscentre) August 7, 2020
Hosted by Ant and Dec, the show will be broadcast live every night from a ruined castle in the countryside. More - https://t.co/okIQE1iSX9 pic.twitter.com/pI1HEOtHBj
Lord Elis-Thomas, the Welsh Government Deputy Minister for Culture, Sport and Tourism, added: “We’re extremely pleased to welcome such a large production to Wales, offering a chance to showcase a spectacular part of our country to significant audiences across the UK.
“We’re looking forward to working with the team on this production and hope to use this opportunity to show some of what North Wales has to offer.”
So far not many other details about the new series have been confirmed.