Apple devotees should mark their calendars! The newest iPhone – the iPhone 5S – is all set to be announced on Tuesday, September 10, say sources. Allegedly, it will be available in stores ten days later. Hipsters everywhere have dusted off their tents and are setting up shop on Michigan Avenue as I write this.
Same Look, New Features?
Speculating on what new and exciting features Apple will offer is something of a time honored tradition and, given the taunting ads Microsoft has been running, it is expected that Apple will be offering some pretty big things.
Here is a quick list of what we think we know:
- The iPhone 5S will look more or less the same as the iPhone 5 and will come in white, black and possibly gold.
- The iPhone 5C will be released at the same time. (It will be a less expensive model made out of plastic.)
- The camera and its flash will be upgraded for better quality pictures, especially in low lighting. (The flash may actually be a dual LED flash, which will cut down on red eye.)
- The home button will be convex (instead of concave) and will lose the rectangular button. Instead, it may be made out of blue glass.
- The iPhone 5S may contain fingerprint technology, a development that has been widely discussed since Apple acquired Authentec, a fingerprint security company, last year.
We will find out whatever other features the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C are going to have at the big reveal on September 10. In the meantime, I am going to frantically call my cellular provider to find out if I can upgrade. Then, I’m going to dust off my tent.
Are you as excited about the iPhone 5S as I am? Do you think the rumors are true?
More Tech articles from Business 2 Community: