The League of Legends Pro League (LPL) in China is celebrating their 9th anniversary this year and as part of this weekend’s celebrations, mandopop superstars Jay Chou and Karry Wang will be part of a special League of Legends exhibition match.
Announced on LPL’s official weibo, the famous singers will team up with a team of retired Chinese professional LoL players.
On blue Team Beyond, Jay Chou will join:
- Gao “WeiXiao” Xue-Chen, former Team WE legendary AD carry
- Yu “Misaya” Jing-Xi, former Team WE mid laner
- Liu “Zz1tai” Zhi-Hao, former Royal Never Give Up top laner
- Guo “san” Jun-Liang, former Oh My God support
On red Team Fearless, Karry Wang will join:
- Zhao “Fireloli” Zhi-Ming, best known as Edward Gaming’s former jungler
- Liu “Mlxg” Shi-Yu, former Royal Never Give Up jungler
- Yan “Letme” Jun-Ze, former Royal Never Give Up top laner
- Zeng “Zzr” Zhan-Ran, former Snake Esports jungler
- The esports community reacts to K/DA’s The Baddest
- Suning’s Huanfeng grew up in poverty but never gave up on his dream of going pro
The showmatch is scheduled for 8.50 p.m. (GMT+8) today and will take place after the regional qualifier match between LGD and Suning, in which the winner will go to Worlds as LPL’s third seed.
Jay Chou previously performed at the 2017 World Championship in Beijing, China, during the opening ceremony. Karry Wang, also known as Wang Junkai, is best known as the leader of TFBoys, a popular mandopop group.
Yesterday, Top Esports were crowned the 2020 LPL Summer Champions and together with JD Gaming, will compete at the the 2020 World Championship.
Fans can watch the livestream on LPL’s official Twitch channel.