6 Nov – Jay Chou is once again named the highest earning Taiwanese singer for the year 2014.
According to Sina's Daily News, the multi-hyphenate grabbed the top spot with a total earning of NTD 618 million (USD 20.2 million), generated from his many endorsement deals, promotional events, as well as his concert.
The musician-turned-filmmaker's star power proves unbeatable as his appearance fee starts at a 6 million mark.
On the other hand, Taiwanese dancing diva Jolin Tsai made it to the list in second place - with annual earning of NTD 578 million (USD 18.9 million) even without a concert this year.
The third spot is won by Show Luo, who earned NTD 560 million (USD 18.3 million) this year, mostly from his endorsement deals. The singer will also be seen in Stephen Chow's upcoming movie, "Mermaid".
Meanwhile, Wang Leehom, who had been on a short hiatus to welcome his first child this year, was still able to grab the fourth spot with NTD 435 million (USD 14.2 million).
The rest of the top 10 list is as follows:
5. S.H.E = NTD 398 million (USD 12.9 million)
6. Jam Hsiao = NTD 379 million (USD 12.3 million)
7. Mayday = NTD 375 million (USD 12.2 million)
8. Elva Hsiao = NTD 363 million (USD 18.85 million)
9. JJ Lin = NTD 246 million (USD 8.03 million)
10. Rainie Yang = NTD 183 million (USD 5.98 million)
(Photo source: chinadaily.com.cn)