Canva is Australia’s only Unicorn, so how did Canva manage to scale their company from down under?
Canva is an online design and publishing tool which makes the design process accessible to almost everyone. Today’s episode is an in-person chat with Cameron, Canva co-founder and chief product officer. We cover his path to becoming a founder of a unicorn-status startup, discuss the challenges of scaling a 300-employee company, and much more.
In today’s episode you’ll learn:
- About Canva, Australia’s only unicorn-status startup
- Cameron’s entrepreneurial path
- Why designers who have embraced Canva love it
- The challenges of scaling Canva to a 300-employee company
- Cameron’s advice for aspiring entrepreneursListen to this episode on iTunes
What was your biggest insight from this week’s episode? Let Jay know in the comments or on Twitter: @jaykimmer.
Links from today’s episode
- Read the full transcript from Cameron’s interview
- Find Cameron on Twitter
- Cameron’s personal blog
Detailed show notes
- (1:20) Cameron’s path to becoming an entrepreneur
- (4:30) How the idea of Canva solved multiple pain points of Melanie, one of Cameron’s co-founders
- (5:55) Cameron explains the name Canva
- (6:40) Cameron describes the Canva user experience
- (8:00) Why designers who have embraced Canva love it
- (9:12) Cameron explains the Canva revenue model
- (10:54) Cameron describes how Canva’s acquisition of Zeetings could help presentations become more dynamic
- (12:39) Jay and Cameron discuss Canva’s unicorn status
- (13:23) Cameron discusses Canva’s values and upcoming goals
- (15:27) The challenges Canva has faced as the company has scaled
- (17:43) Cameron explains why Canva plans to remain a private, independent company
- (18:58) Cameron’s advice for aspiring entrepreneurs
The post The Jay Kim Show with Canva Co-founder Cameron Adams appeared first on e27.