League of Legends Patch 10.14 includes buffs to a handful of solo queue champions, nerfs for a few competitive meta champions, and some big buffs to the clear winner, Karthus.
Alistar, Riven, Kha’zix, and Zed all received singular buffs that will improve their solo queue win rate.
Meanwhile, popular champions in pro play like Varus, Ezreal, and Trundle on the other hand, took a hit.
Here are the biggest winners and losers of patch 10.14:
- Health increased from 528 to 550
- Movement speed increased from 325 to 335
Q – Lay Waste
- Damage increased from 45/65/85/105/125 (+0.3 ability power) to 50/70/90/110/130 (+0.35 ability power)
- Damage reduction to monsters is now 15%
E – Defile
- Mana restore: Always
- AoE damage tick rate: Now Deals damage 4 times per second (damage and cost per second are unchanged). Deactivating Defile deals 1 tick’s worth of damage.
Good news Karthus mains! Firstly, his movement speed changes has been reverted this patch, after the 10 MS was taken away in patch 10.9.
Lay Waste and Defile’s damage have been increased, which ups his power in both mid and jungle. Jungle Karthus in particular, will benefit from the increased base damage of Q, and make a return to pro play.
- Magic resist growth decreased from 1.5 to 1.25
- Armor growth decreased from 5 to 3.5
Q – Bone Skewer
- Cost decreased from 70 mana to 50/55/60/65/70 mana
- Cooldown decreased from 12/11/10/9/8 to 10/9.5/9/8.5/8 seconds
- Base damage increased from 75/125/175/225/275 to 85/135/185/235/285
W – Ghostwater Dive
- Bonus movement speed decreased from 40/45/50/55/60% to 40% at all ranks
E – Phantom Undertow
- Base damage increased from 95/125/155/185/215 to 105/135/165/195/225
Overall, Pyke received a buff that rewards high risk plays. With his base stats have been reduced, he is easier to take down.
However, this is balanced by the big buffs to Bone Skewer, where mana cost and cooldown have decreased, while its base damage increased by ten. Phantom Undertow also had its base damage up by ten at all levels, making Pyke a very viable support pick.
- League of Legends patch 10.13: AP Kog’maw and Nunu are back
- Ranking every skin in League of Legends’ new Spirit Blossom line
Winner: Predator rune
- Damage growth increased from 30-90 (levels 1-18) to 40-120 (levels 1-18)
- Cooldown decreased from 100-70 seconds (levels 1-18) to 90-60 seconds (levels 1-18)
Despite the many buffs to Predator in patch 10.12, Riot assessed that it is “still weaker than expected” compared to other keystones.
This time around, Predator has been given raw damage and shaved off ten seconds to its cooldown at all levels. which means players will be able to utilize it more frequently.
Q – Piercing Arrow
- Maximum bonus damage ratio decreased from 150% total attack damage to 125/130/135/140/145% total attack damage (minimum damage is always 66% of the maximum damage)
E – Hail of Arrows
- Base damage decreased from 70/105/140/175/210 to 50/90/130/170/210
A permanent ban on red side, Varus has been the undisputed number one AD carry for a while now. The nerfs to Piercing Arrow tones down lethality poke Varus, but doesn’t dissuade on-hit Varus.
Will these nerfs be enough to get him off the bench?
E – Arcane Shift
- Cooldown increased from 25/22/19/16/13 to 28/25/22/19/16 seconds
Arcane Shift received an additional three second cooldown at all levels, which means that he is limited to one E per fight. With CDR, he could use it again, but overall, limits Ezreal’s mobility.
Access the full patch notes for 10.14 here.