MANILA — The LTFRB believes it is high time to push for the modernization program of all public utility vehicles following the Carranglan bus tragedy.
The LTFRB has previously discovered that the Leomarick bus unit that fell into a ravine, is 33 years old, contrary to the declaration submitted by the bus company stating it is a 2006 year model.
The bus operator, however, explained that the bus unit was acquired in 2006 second-hand.
Aside from these, it was revealed during a probe by the LTFRB on Tuesday, other violations of the Leomarick bus unit such as the changing of routes.
“Yan lang po kasi yung alam naming daan na pwedeng magpick up ng kwan papunta sa San Jose, hindi yata passable kasi bundok napo yan,” Leomarick bus operator Leonardo Patulot said. (That’s the only route we know where we can pick up more passengers going to San Jose. It seemed no longer passable because it’s mountainous.)
It was also discovered that the bus company has no safety officers while drivers have no relievers.
“Hindi ko pa po na kuwan yung sir, basta ang sinabi naman po sa akin ay bumaba daw sya, di ko maano, baka hindi nakasama,” Patulot added. (I am not quite sure. What he said was he got off. Perhaps he was not able to join the trip.)
The operation of Leomarick bus line has been suspended up to now. The LTFRB is studying whether to completely cancel the bus line’s franchise.
The next hearing of the case is set on June 6. — Joan Nano | UNTV News & Rescue
The post LTFRB discovers various violations of Leomarick Bus at Carrangalan bus tragedy hearing appeared first on UNTV News.