As India embraces the upgraded Bharat Stage 6 (BS-6) emission norms, carmakers one after the other are updating their engines to make sure they comply with the South Asian country’s new emission standards.
The latest model from Mahindra to receive the BS-6 treatment is the Marazzo multi-purpose vehicle (MPV). Touted as India’s safest MPV, the new BS-6 compliant Marazzo will have a starting price of INR1.125 million (approx. PHP744,000).
The Marazzo will come in three variants, namely, M2, M4+, and M6+, with the third representing the top-of-the-line variant.
As the model’s top variant, the M6+ now comes with automatic driver-side windows, automatic temperature control, rear parking camera with steering-adaptive guidelines, and 17-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels.
This is in addition to other top-end features one would expect in the M6+ including a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system and Mahindra’s industry-first Surround Cool Technology. The M6+ has a starting price of INR1.351 million (PHP893,275).
Meanwhile, the mid-variant M4+ will roll on 16-inch alloy rims along with other attractive features that peg the trim at INR1.237 million (PHP818,000).
The Marazzo also comes attached with the following benefits:
- A 4-star rating in adult safety from Global NCAP, making the Marazzo India’s safest MPV.
- Best-in-class shoulder room in the 1st/2nd row and best-in-class leg room in the 3rd row.
- The longest rear suspension travel of 245mm gives it a smooth car-like ride over all types of roads.
- A cabin that is the quietest and fastest-cooling in its class makes every journey comfortable.
- Marazzo's Front Wheel Drive, Electric Power Steering and short Turning Radius of 5.25m provides easy maneuverability in traffic conditions.
- Best-in-class Standard Warranty of 5 Years /1,00,000 km and the lowest service cost for scheduled maintenance.
“We are delighted to introduce the BSVI-compliant, cleaner-technology Marazzo,” Veejay Nakra, CEO, Automotive Division, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. Engineered for excellence, the Marazzo offers spacious comfort, safety, a smooth car-like ride, effortless handling and a low operating cost.”
“Further, with the enhanced value of the new M4+ and M6+ variants, we are confident that the Marazzo will be the preferred choice in its segment,” Nakra added.
The new Mahindra Marazzo is already available in India.
Photo/s from Mahindra